Welcome to Hikari!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Otaku Kingdom

4 posters

Go down

The Otaku Kingdom Empty The Otaku Kingdom

Post  Heiwa Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:37 am

The Otaku Kingdom!!!
(Three exclamation marks makes it cooler.)

It's come to my attention that a decent amount of us are into otaku-ish sort of stuff (durr), and I'm sure some of us are itching to discuss and share particular parts of the otaku kingdom with others. First of all:

Rules:

• Everything is permitted: Any form of otaku-ness is permitted for discussion. This includes games, anime, music, manga, and pictures (don't hesitate to suggest more topics Very Happy).

• Keep it clean: Of course, we're trying to keep the topics interesting, so, at most pg-13 content is acceptable. That means nothing too raunchy, capiche?

• Respect: Everyone has their own preference as to what kind of stuff they're into. Just because you don't like it very much, doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same thing. So be considerate, and watch your tongue.

• Don't be shy!: Let it all out. If there's something you really want to share, please do! Post a picture, post a video, post a song; we want to partake in anything otaku. If you want to ask a question that will help keep the ball rolling, ask away!

• Enjoy: Of course, this is purely for enjoyment. We're all here to have fun, discover new things, and to learn a bit more about what's going on in the otaku world.

That's basically it, let's get this ball rolling!

Heiwa

Back to top Go down

The Otaku Kingdom Empty What are you doing?

Post  Heiwa Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:45 am

So, to start things off, I'd like to ask what everyone is watching/reading/playing/listening to. It can be anything. Games, anime, pictures, manga. Just go for it! Also, what is the majority of the type of anime you're into? I love the moe stuff, but I also enjoy some good action here and there. Razz

As for anime, I'm currently watching a few anime that are presently running. Here's a list of 'em:

# Dragon Crisis!
# Kore wa Zombie Desu ka
# Dream Eater Merry
# Fractale
# IS: Infinite Stratos
# Kimi ni Todoke Season 2
# Gosick

I'm also listening to a lot of Vocaloid stuff. Anyone else into Vocaloids? I'm pretty much in love with Miku :3
Here's one of my favorite songs sung by her (SuperCell <3):

Heiwa

Back to top Go down

The Otaku Kingdom Empty Re: The Otaku Kingdom

Post  Eiren Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Lol! I actually listen to alot of vocaloid covers. Like this one.

I guess I like human voices better ^^ More, emotion, more natural.

Eiren

Back to top Go down

Post  Heiwa Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm a big fan of human voices too. My sister introduced me to that version of the song a couple of weeks ago, and I may be rooting for the robot invasion by doing this, but I'm still a bigger fan of the Miku version haha. But that cover is still good. Smile
Yeah, it's true that vocaloids can't really convey emotion well, and sometimes when I do listen to their songs, the voice just feels a little empty. But there are times when I'm astonished by a vocaloid song. Sometimes the producer of the song gets it just right, and you almost forget you're listening to a bank of human voices that are then developed into a computer-generated singer. That's why I enjoy Vocaloid so much; the hunt for the songs that almost make you forget. It's like finding a diamond in the rough. Some of the songs are just sooo good, others are really catchy, and some are just way too freakin' cute :3. My favorite ones though, are when they sound organic... Plus I like watching Miku dance haha.
I gotta say though, I've listened to Fujita Saki actually singing, she, hands down, destroys Miku in every way Razz.
So, yes, go humans.
Vocaloids? Yeah, ok, you guys are good, but will never be as good as us Very Happy

Heiwa

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGuy1 Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:47 pm

omg I love Vocaloid! You know they're gonna make Vocaloid shops in the US? well at least that's what they promised.

Oh yeah so i've been gone a while because i've been playing this game called Hyperdimension Neptunia, It's so hilarious! Also been playing a lot of Phantasy Star Portable 2 and I've got to finish Parasite Eve. I also like the Super Robot Wars games and Tales games.

Well as you can probably tell I'm a huge gamer lol. I haven't actually watched a lot of anime recently though i want to catch up with Mitsudomoe.
My friends have been obsessing over that Mahou Shoujo Madoka show but i don't really follow trends

Oh if anyone is interested I keep my own blog on gaming and anime stuff http://theguyone.tumblr.com/
TheGuy1
TheGuy1

http://theguyone.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Heiwa Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:32 am

I'm a big fan of gaming too haha. I play a lot of different types of games, but most of them aren't really anime related. Aside from Vindictus, S4League is about the only other anime-ish game I play.

I dunno what it is about Vocaloids, but they're just so darn interesting to me. Maybe it's the fact that they're mostly synthesized and can sometimes sound believable, or the fact that you can portray any of the characters however you want. For example, you could imagine Miku as a spoiled brat, or a cute school girl; the slate's completely blank, so you can do what you want with a vocaloid character. And, like I said before, watching Miku dance is awesome. Oh, and if they do open Vocaloid shops in the US, I'm pretty much gonna have a happy attack; followed by squealing like a ten-year-old girl who just met her idol; then collapse in a seizure-filled, happiness-induced coma; and the only way to revive me will be to bring me to a Vocaloid shop.

Edit: Speaking of Vocaloids, I just discovered this awesome Vocaloid song featuring several of my favorite Vocaloids [Miku (original), Luka, Rin, Soft Miku (Append), Gumi, Len, Yuki.]

Last edited by Heiwa on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the Vocaloid video.)

Heiwa

Back to top Go down

Post  chanhee Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Found out about these things because of you guys... wow, it's pretty amazing how human-like they sound...

Here's one I found of a concert:

This song is really catchy, too xD

All these reminded me of Macross Plus, one of my fav anime movie/ova~! Smile It also has great a soundtrack!
chanhee
chanhee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGuy1 Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:23 pm

lol see? why pay $100 for the miku blu-ray dvd when i have youtube? Like i was seriously thinking about buying it at an anime convention once but then i saw the price.....
TheGuy1
TheGuy1

http://theguyone.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Heiwa Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Melt has gotta be one of my favorites by far Very Happy

SeyrenLK is a boss when it comes to uploading the Concerts in HD Razz
Youtube ftw.

Edit: There's this great website that I've been keeping track of for a while now, called moetron.com. They basically keep me up-to-date with the type of anime/manga I enjoy watching/reading. They've recently subbed a song that features a couple vocaloids. This song was made shortly after the disaster in Japan, which was the song's inspiration. It's absolutely beautiful. I would love to share it with you guys. And, to everyone affected by the disaster, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Last edited by Heiwa on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:15 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added "Prayer For" video, minor editing to text)

Heiwa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum